So, what is Medical Nutrition Therapy?
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT), is a therapeutic approach to treating certain chronic conditions and health issues through an individually-tailored nutrition plan. This nutrition plan is developed by our Registered Dietitians and is based on your medical history, health condition, lifestyle and goals.
Do I need Medical Nutrition Therapy?
What we eat is an important part of our life. It affects how we feel, how our bodies heal, how our brains function, how we sleep, how we look, how we move… You get the picture. Knowing what you eat and how it impacts your life will empower you to make healthier choices and help you feel better!
Cardiovascular Diseases & Conditions
Heart Disease, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia, Congestive Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
Type 1, Type 2, Gestational
Premenstrual Syndrome, Perimenopause, Menopause
Insufficiency, Chronic Failure, Transplantation
Allergies, Sensitivities, Eating Disorders
Celiac Disease, Cirrhosis, Crohn’s Disease
Preventative, Pre- and Post-Treatment
Weight Management, Obesity, Disease Prevention, Injury Rehabilitation
Does my insurance cover Medical Nutrition Therapy?
There’s a very good chance your insurance covers MNT! We also accept the following insurance for Medical Nutrition Therapy services:
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia
- Medicare (with certain criteria)
Why Jim White Medical Nutrition Therapy?
We have a team of Registered Dietitians at our Virginia Beach and Norfolk studios who are committed to making a difference and helping you get really, truly fit — now and for the rest of your life.
Our Registered Dietitian-managed MNT program includes:
- developing your personalized nutrition therapy plan
- providing ongoing checkups and assessments
- updating your nutrition plan as your body changes
- supporting your needs with activities like grocery store tours, cupboard clean-outs,
- nutrition boot camps, recipe rehabs, cooking classes, and more
The Jim White suite of nutrition services include:
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Nutrition education
- Custom-designed nutrition plans
- Supplement assessments and recommendations
- Body fat analysis and measurements
- Sports nutrition