Medical Nutrition Therapy can help improve your lifestyle and wellbeing.
FAX (757) 257-0976
So, what is Medical Nutrition Therapy?
What we eat is an important part of our life. It affects how we feel, how our bodies heal, how our brains function, how we sleep, how we look, how we move… Knowing what you eat and how it impacts your life will empower you to make healthier choices and help you feel better.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) is a therapeutic approach to preventing or treating certain chronic conditions and health issues through an individually-tailored nutrition plan.
Your MNT nutrition plan is developed by our Registered Dietitians and is based on your medical history, health condition, lifestyle and goals.
Medical Nutrition Therapy can play a life-changing role.
MNT reduces complications associated with certain chronic conditions and overall health issues, such as:
Hashimoto’s Disease, IBD
Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure,
Elevated Cholesterol and Triglycerides
Type 1, Type 2, Gestational
Celiac Disease, Cirrhosis, Crohn’s Disease
Insufficiency, Chronic Failure, Transplantation
Bariatric Surgery, Eating Disorders
Pre- & Post-Pregnancy, PCOS, Perimenopause, Menopause
Does my insurance cover Medical Nutrition Therapy?
There’s a very good chance your insurance covers MNT! We accept the following insurance for our Medical Nutrition Therapy services:
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia
- Medicare (with certain criteria)
Why Jim White Fitness Medical Nutrition Therapy?
We have a team of Registered Dietitians at our Virginia Beach and Norfolk studios who are committed to making a difference and helping you get really, truly fit — now and for the rest of your life.
Our Registered Dietitian-managed MNT program includes:
- Developing your personalized nutrition therapy plan
- Providing ongoing checkups and assessments
- Updating your nutrition plan as your body changes
- Supporting your needs with activities like grocery store tours, cupboard clean-outs, recipe rehabs and more
The Jim White Fitness suite of nutrition services includes:
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Nutrition education
- Custom-designed nutrition plans
- Supplement assessments and recommendations
- Body fat analysis and measurements
- Sports nutrition
Really, Truly Fit Reads...