Blueberry French Toast
NUTRITION 621 Calories | 31 g Fat | 68 g Carbs | 19 g Protein
● 12 slices white bread (preferably day old), crust removed
● 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese
● 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
● 12 large eggs lightly beaten
● 2 cups 2% milk
● 1⁄3 cup maple syrup or honey
● 1 cup sugar
● 1 cup water
● 2 tablespoons cornstarch
● 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
● 1 tablespoon butter
1. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes; place half in a greased 13x9in baking dish. Cut cream cheese into 1 inch cubes; place over bread. Top with 1 cup blueberries and remaining bread cubes.
2. Wish the eggs, milk and syrup in a large bowl. Pour over the bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Combine the sugar, water and cornstarch in a small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cook and stir until thickened, 3 minutes. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until berries burst, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Serve over French toast.
Chicken, Nectarine & Avocado Salad
PREP TIME 15 minutes | SERVES 4
NUTRITION 561 Calories | 32 g Fat | 38 g Carbs | 30 g Protein
● 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
● 2 medium nectarines, thinly sliced
● 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
● 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
● 1⁄2 cup poppyseed salad dressing
● 1 medium, ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
● 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
1. In a large bowl, combine spinach, nectarines, chicken and feta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with avocado and granola. Serve immediately.
Balsamic Glazed Fig & Pork Tenderloin Kebabs
PREP TIME 35 minutes | COOK TIME 10 minutes | SERVES 4
NUTRITION 525 Calories | 13 g Fat | 61 g Carbs | 42 g Protein
● 1 1⁄2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
● 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
● 1 teaspoon each; salt, pepper, onion powder
● 1⁄2 teaspoon each; garlic powder, white pepper
● 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
● 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
● 3 tablespoons honey
● 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
● 2 teaspoons olive oil
● 12 dried figs, halved
● 12 cherry tomatoes
● 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
● 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
● 2 cups cooked brown rice; prepare according to package
1. Cut pork into 1 inch cubes. Combine paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper and cayenne pepper; rub over pork. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to grill.
2. Make a glaze by whisking vinegar, honey mustard and oil. Set aside
3. On water-soaked wooden skewers. Thread pork cubes and fig halves. Grill covered on a greased rack over medium-high direct heat, turning occasionally, until the thermometer reads 145°, 8-10 minutes. During the last half
of grilling, brush cooked surfaces frequently with glaze.
4. Let skewers stand for 5 minutes, add a tomato to each and sprinkle lightly with blue cheese and basil. Serve with 1⁄2 cup of cooked rice.
Triple Melon Popsicles
PREP TIME 1 hour and 10 minutes | FREEZE TIME 3 hours | YIELD 5 | SERVES 2.5
NUTRITION 104 Calories | 0 g Fat | 24 g Carbs | 2 g Protein
● 1 cup honeydew, cut into chunks
● 1 cup cantaloupe, cut into chunks
● 1 cup watermelon, cut into chunks
● 16.9 ounces coconut water
● 5 disposable cups/dixie cups (3 ounces)
● 5 popsicle sticks
1. Place cantaloupe chunks and 2 tablespoons coconut water into the blend and blend for 30 seconds.
2. Pour the cantaloupe mix into the cups about 1⁄3 of the way and place the popsicle sticks into the cups. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Blend the honeydew melon and 2 tablespoons coconut water for 30 seconds.
4. Pour the honeydew melon mix on top of the cantaloupe mix. Adjust the sticks so they are straight up and freeze for another 30 minutes.
5. Blend the water melon and 2 tablespoons of coconut water for 30 seconds.
6. Pour the watermelon mixture on top of the honeydew melon mix and freeze for the remaining 3 hours.
7. To remove ice pops, peel off the cup and pull up on the stick.