Motherhood is full of life lessons – some more amusing than others. Here are just a few take-away’s I’ve learned with a 9-month old:
- If you’re concerned that your child hasn’t pooped yet, put them in the tub. We’re currently on a 23 day streak.
- Never EVER make reference about how much your child is sleeping. They will immediately start waking up that very night just for the heck of it.
- If you think you’re past that projectile spit up stage, wear something really nice.
- Don’t waste money on toys. Instead, buy extra remotes, old cell phones and spatulas. But don’t put them in a convenient child-friendly space like a toy bin, put them where you would normally place those items (ie: the cabinet, your purse, etc).
- The dumber you look and sound, the funnier you’ll be in your child’s eyes.
- Is your child the happiest babe and smiling all the time? Schedule a surprise photo shoot for your husband and be prepared for a meltdown (see image above).
- Want to know what it’s like living with a Tasmanian devil? Try folding laundry with a 9-month old. It will take you twice as long and you’ll end up just waiting until they go to sleep.
- Oh, your baby hasn’t taken a nap? I got you. Drive to an important meeting so they can fall asleep 3 minutes before arriving.
- Keep snacks on hand at all times. They prevent 85% of public meltdowns..for now at least.
- Want your child to notice you? Sit down and look really comfortable.
What are some of your favorite motherhood moments?