NUTRITION BREAKDOWN – Makes 12, Serving Size: 1
Calories 48 per serving | Fat 0 g | Carbohydrates 11 g | Sugar 5 g | Protein 0 g
The holidays are officially here and the new year is creepin’ in! What better time than now to get a jump start on those resolutions? Stay on track this season with these quick and tasty apple pie crispers!
Jim White’s Healthy Stamp of Approval
“What’s not to love?! A tasty dessert that doesn’t wreak havoc on your nutrition plan? A typical apple pie slice, which is 1/8 of a slice of a pie that is a measly 9 inches in diameter is anywhere from 250-300 calories (holiday party-goers just love when I arrive, really). Now you can get your apple pie fix without wasting all the prep time and calories!” – Jim
For the Pie Shells
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoons of Baking stevia (or 2 tbs sweetener of choice that measures like sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
For the Apple Pie Filling
- 4 medium Apples, peeled & diced into small chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of Low sugar maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Baking stevia (or 1/4 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Place the wonton wrappers in the muffin tins and lightly spray each wrapper with cooking spray. Once complete, sprinkle the wonton wrappers with cinnamon and sweetener mixture and then bake for 10 minutes.