I don’t know about you guys, but I love a sweet treat after dinner. But what’s even better is when that sweet treat is half the calories without sacrificing the taste. These mini chocolate chip cookie dough bites help satisfy that craving – plus you can sneak a couple and not feel guilty!
Makes 12 servings, Serving Size: 1 mini cookie dough ball
Calories 63 per serving | Fat 5 g | Carbohydrates 2.5 g | Sugar 1 g | Protein 4 g
- 1 1/2 cup ground, old fashioned oats (I typically place about 2 cups of old fashioned oats in a blender to grind into oat flour which whittles down to about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbs mini chocolate chips
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a bowl and mix together. Add in the wet ingredients next with the applesauce being the last ingredient to add to the bowl. Slowly add in the applesauce to ensure proper consistency. It should feel just like regular cookie dough – so add more or less applesauce to achieve this consistency. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips and mix all together.
2. Line mini-muffin tray with liners. Scoop out a golf ball size mixture and place into each liner. Place in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Enjoy! xx- K&J