PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOKING 5 minutes | SERVES 4
NUTRITION 184 Calories | 10 g Fat | 14 g Carbs | 10 g Protein
- 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 medium tomato and avocado, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp microgreens
- 4 tsp capers, rinsed
- Toast bread.
- Cook eggs over medium heat.
- Brush oil onto toast, then rub with garlic.
- Top with tomato, avocado, and eggs.
- Sprinkle with herbs and capers.
Bruschetta meets avocado toast in this simple breakfast upgrade. It can be tricky finding a way to get veggies in at breakfast, but not with this recipe. With microgreens, garlic, and capers, this recipe is chock-full of vitamins and minerals!
Stuffed Delicata Squash with Beef & Cranberries
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOKING 30 minutes | SERVES 8
NUTRITION 235 Calories | 15 g Fat | 11 g Carbs | 14 g Protein
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lb 96/4 ground beef
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the delicata squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil inside each half. Sprinkle the insides lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet, cut side down, and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and edges are browned.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and break apart with a spatula. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, continuing to break apart and stir occasionally, until browned.
- Stir in the cranberries and rosemary. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until cranberries are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat mixture from heat and toss in the goat cheese. Fill the baked squash halves. Enjoy!
The perfect meal for fall weather. Simple, in-season ingredients for an easy 30 minute meal!
Roasted Maple Glazed Chicken & Carrots
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOKING 30 minutes | SERVES 4
NUTRITION 299 Calories | 15 g Fat | 17 g Carbs | 15 g Protein
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary, 2 whole sprigs
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Position the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat to 450°.
- In a small bowl combine chopped rosemary, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper. Season chicken and place the chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange carrots in an even layer on another large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and maple syrup together. Brush over the chicken and carrots. Sprinkle the carrots with the remaining ¼ tsp salt and add rosemary sprigs to the pan.
- Roast chicken on the upper rack until golden. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part, without touching the bone, until registering 165° (About 20 to 25 minutes). Roast carrots on lower rack, stirring once, until tender and caramelized, (About 20 to 25 minutes). Drizzle chicken drippings over the carrots and toss to coat. Serve chicken with carrots.
This high protein dinner is perfect for busy fall nights. The oven transforms the olive oil and maple syrup into a sticky-sweet sauce with added health benefits. Carrots are also a great source of beta-carotene, b vitamins, and other antioxidants.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
PREP TIME 10 minutes | COOKING 20-25 minutes | SERVES 12
NUTRITION (1 muffin): 197 Calories | 13 g Fat | 27 g Carbs | 4 g Protein
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Gently fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and sugar. In another bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, ½ cup flour, and cinnamon.
- Fill each muffin liner with ⅔ of the muffin batter. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture into the center. Fill with the remaining ⅓ of the muffin butter on top. Sprinkle streusel toppings on each one.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick poked through them comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin completely.
Pumpkin is rich in beta carotene which your body converts to vitamin A. Vitamin A is an essential vitamin that aids with eye health and allows you to see more clearly, especially in low light.